Thursday, May 28, 2015

Mr. Bruce Goes to Washington, Part II - "We're on a Mission From God" - Elwood Blues

http://irmgardebrown.com/tag/miracles/


Now America, I dare you to say this isn't a "Mission From God".

1.  Upon leaving Davenport, right after meeting with Jeannine in Clinton (one of the first people I ever admired for being a real fighter of the cause), I got one ride, then another, from a man in a van, who what moving to a place far up the road.  We had a pretty involved conversation; but the whole thing came to a screeching halt when I mentioned the woman's last name that I had visited with in Clinton, after he asked me where I had come from before I met with his kindness in picking me up.

Anderson.  He said, "I have a cousin named Anderson, in Clinton."  Jeannine, I asked?  He confirmed.  So did she, once I called her.

Now America, I ask you.  What are the odds, even in a state right next to Jeannine's, is it likely that I would be picked up by a cousin she had not seen or talked to in 5 years???  All I can say to that is WOW!  And double wow.

Let's move on a couple of cop rides down the road, in order to get me off of the interstate, where I wasn't supposed to be.

2.  The 2nd miracle happened right before Monday's treck to Ohio.  I was just finishing up the podcast, when up comes a lady to ask me if I wanted a ride in.  I hardly quabbled, naturally, and gathered my belongings.

Now, not only was the woman a nurse, she had a brother who worked for the DOJ, and was massively interested in my cause.  Funnier still was her confession.  She had never in life picked up a hitchhiker, and she was my age.

America, the question begs an answer, once again.  What are the odds that a woman would choose me to not only give a ride to, but come up to ME and ask me if I needed a lift, as the first person she would ever help in such a way, and would have a brother who worked in the DOJ in the very place I was going, with this being the very office I was planning to visit???

Again, only the word WOW appears to be all I can muster.

Finally, let's move on to our Master Ditty.

3.  So I get half way through Pennsylvania, and the police (3 cars worth) pick me up and move me into a truck stop....I'm now just 40 miles away from my Aunt & Uncle's house, who I haven't seen since I was 15.  I get into a town called Butler, and 2 cars swoop in on me...it's the local police, who start to tell me that they're going to arrest me and immediately take me in front of a judge...all because of a $5 fine I'm gong to have to pay because it's ILLEGAL TO HITCHHIKE IN PENNSYLVANIA (This is news to me!!) and I'm from out of state.

Well, after a radio check up, the cop in charge of the scene gets a whole lot nicer.  Then it comes out that the other backup cop knows my uncle and aunt personally.  However, they tell me I need to get off of the freeway entirely, and if they catch me on it again, things will get and be a whole lot worse for me.  They then proceed to direct me to a more calm (and, more than likely carless) route.  Daunted and balked, I walked off of the freeway and began to contemplate the likelyhood that I'll ever eat, get to do my podcast, and get the Hell out of this crummy state.

As I continue to progress to my dead man walking route, I notice a big red bricked building off to my right, flying flags everywhere, and alight with citizenry.  I make my way over, and whaddya know...the sign on the building sports the words "Veteran's Affairs".  Being a vet, I mosey over...

I made a quick appointment with one of the workers there, and tell her my story.  She sends me back to the lobby.  I think things are looking bad.  During the podcast, almost an hour later, she comes with her solution to all of my problems.  First, I get a hotel room at the Super 8, where I proceed to sleep like a little baby.  Sometime around 9 this morning, I will be transported to Altoona, Pennsylvania, about 100 miles east of here, and not terribly far from the Maryland border, where I should be able to get to Washington D.C. in a hop, a skip, and a big jump.

Now, in finality, does someone, ANYONE, wanna calculate the incredible odds that are present here?  I don't think any of you have a calculator big enough to handle those numbers.

IT'S TIME TO GET IT ON!!  THANKS and PRAISE BE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments! Thank you again!! I value your opinions!