Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Desensitizing Our Youth and Our Country




Hey kids, guess what??  Our little corner of the 'verse over this away?  Just got the attention of someone at CNN...oh, it's ON NOW!!  Let's knock a few out that'll slice our way to the top of Capitol Hill, shall we?

Well, today's subject is gonna be on the desensitizing of our young people, and of our nation as a whole.

Now, make no mistake, this has been going on for decades.  Remember looking at those war pictures of Vietnam, way back when?  That was fun wasn't it?  I still get little pangs in my gut when I see that crap...

Yeah, the 70's...that's about when I started noticing a big shift on what I was seeing in the world, of the world, and because of the world.  And it wasn't pretty.  Any of it.  Horror movies started out as laughable rehashments of the same four characters, over and over...Dracula, Frankenstein, the Mummy and the Werewolf.  The effects were a joke, and pretty soon it got so bad they had to throw in stars to keep them alive, like Frankenstein Meets Abbott and Costello...that sort of thing.  Crazy.  Then, about the time ol' Alfred Hitchcock came to town, and the Vietnam era came and went, well...things got a little weirder...and fast.

Psycho brought us up to speed a little.  Then came Rosemary's Baby...the Exorcist, A Clockwork Orange...those sort of movies started in on the delicate subjects of Devil worship, possession, murder, street gang violence, and they sure as heck weren't pulling any punches.  These made those old horror flicks funny at best.

Then, somewhere along the line, I noticed something kinda strange.  I started to notice a shift...in music, in the movies, TV...I started to notice there were a lot of heroes and role models that were starting...NOT to be heroes and role models anymore.  Oh sure, we were mortified with this stuff to begin with.  But somewhere along the line we stopped cheering for the real heroes and started idolizing the bad boys after a while.  Freddy (Nightmare on Elm Street), Jason (Mr. Hockeypucks himself), Alice Cooper...moving further on to Alien, The Terminator, Marylyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Slipknot, Predator, Insane Clown Posse..and during all this, there were conflicts, releases of war pictures, movies were getting more gruesome every year, with films like Hell-Raiser, The Ring, House of 1000 Corpses, and The Thing, just to mention a few.  Musical acts saw this, and started to emulate the horror being thrown at our youth, and pretty soon they were killing themselves on stage, and killing others (acting of course), biting heads off of bats, and dressing like the lead villian in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Nowadays?  You can't shock me anymore.  I've seen just about everything there is to see, thanks to shows on TV like Forensic Files, Jackass, 1000 Ways to Die, alongside of countless war shows and movies, reality TV shows like Fear Factor, commercials with pleas to help homeless sick and starving children around the world and to do something about those abused, beaten and bruised animals.  War, horror, death, abuse, murder, drug addiction...it's all over-done these days.  Worse yet, of course, is the fact that it's just as rampant, and based in reality as well, and if it isn't, we'll find a way to put it there, with reality TV show ideas!!  The news is so very full of it; every minute I hear about some sort of sexually related crime, animal cruelty, or murder.

Yep, you're going to have to come up with something darn gory to shock me anymore.  I've seen people's small intestines used to tie them up to a fire spit in full living color, and got to enjoy the vision of monkey brains being consumed by the Indian Elite.  It's going to take an awful lot to turn MY stomach.  I TRIPLE DOG-DARE you to show me something that'll avert MY vision.

Oh, but our youth have it better than that, even.  They've yet to know (and may never know) what the word "horrific" really means. They don't have a clue.  To them, this is the way things are, and always have been. There is no such thing as stomach-turning in a child's life these days.  You can't easily gross me out, but there's a slight chance you could, given the right stimuli.  You may just surprise me someday.  Not so with kids, I guarantee it.  No, they've actually been in battles already, and they haven't even seen their draft eligibility ages as yet.  They've killed zombies...hell, they've BEEN zombies.  I'll bet you good green money there's NO way to freak your kids out!

Is any of this going to be good for us, in any kind of way?  Well, I suppose it does have the benefit of making it easier to stomach all those war pictures Time Magazine likes to throw into our faces on occasion.  Other than this one benefit, I'm not following the logic of it.

Here's what I see as "nnnnot so good."

Meet Nikki Schizophrenia, hereafter referred to as Nikki.  This is NOT, of course, her real name.  And, as the Warning at the bottom states, Nikki can easily be found on FaceBook.  She's almost 16, and has already suffered a highly-rated trauma in her life.  Her parents are well aware of how she suffers just shy of her "sweet 16", and, to be honest?  I don't see that upcoming year as being all that sweet.  Oh, and in case you were wondering?  That picture at the top?  Yup, that's the one.  That's just one of many personas Nikki likes to exhibit.  And not just one shot of each.  No, Nikki insists on showing the world that there's an evil side to her, and is intent on letting the world experience her in a full-sized gallery of such images.

To her?  This is the norm.  What she is, what she feels.  I just happened to run into her as I was lightly skimming through the "People You Might Know" section of FaceBook.  I approached her about being in this post, and she was all for it, once I explained what I was writing about.  Since we aren't using her real name, and her profile is pretty vague, she initialed off gladly into a mini-interview I'd like to share most of with you, if you have no objection...OK, even if you DO have an objection.  It's time you realized what you've done to our children...and to our future world leaders.  Let it be known, before we begin, that it's in this writer's opinion that this is no un-intelligent girl I'm talking to.  Her answers were quick and efficient, and well-thought out and expressed accordingly.  Ready?  Let's get to it then:

NOTE:  By the way, while I wrote this, I was running it by Nikki, you know, just to make sure she was OK with my quotes...she gives YOU, America, permission to find her on Facebook and add her (Nikki Schizophrenia), if you'd like to speak to her personally about this!!

TMS:  What's the amount of TV that you watch?  What programs do you like?

NS:  I don't watch TV, I believe it's the Illuminati's way of getting into our heads.  I do love the show "Dexter", I love it because I have dreams of murder all the time...not me murdering, but of me being murdered.

TMS:  What about movies?

NS:  I love horror movies, they interest me because there are peope out there that actually do that kind of stuff and I think, in a way, it makes the mind realize that s*** like that does happen.  It happens every day, somewhere out there, and I love blood and gore.

TMS:  Tell me about the music you listen to and how it affects you.

NS:  I listen to Pink Floyd most of the time.  It's hard to explain how the music reaches out to me.  I also listen to Tech n9ne, Hopsin, Esham, ect.  I love heavy metal and horror core music. it tells a story for me.  I have been through a lot of stuff in my life and im not good at explaining my feelings, so I listen to the music that explains how I feel.

 TMS:  Tell me about the pictures where you wear face paint.  What's with all that?  Is that an emulation of Insane Clown Posse?  I noticed you have the word "Juggalo" in your Warning...

NS:  My facepaint honestly has nothing to do with ICP or anything, really.  Yes I do like their music, and I am a Juggalo, but no, my paint doesn't resemble them. I have a theory that we all have a daemon inside of us; a beast....and we should all let it show once in a while. My facepaint resembles how I feel as well.  For example, the ones I do with a smile, but there's tears too?  That's my way of saying I'm smiling but I'm crying at the same time. Another one, like my red and black facepaint with the teeth, that was more like me showing that, yes, I'm demented, I do have an evil side...I'm sweet but I'm cold blooded.  It's me letting my inner beast show. its an expression of my inner self perception.

TMS:  How about video games.  You play?

NS:  Yes I do play video games, I'm a gamer. I love all of the COD's. I play them because I have a lot of anger inside and I don't like to let people see it, I don't want to take it out on people either, so I kill people on Black Ops.  It's a much nicer way of letting it out.

TMS:  If it ever came down to brother against brother, violence in the streets, or a war that you might have to fight in, how would you feel about it?

NS:  If it came down to war or violence, I would honestly be ready to fight, but with the way America is going, who isn't? I don't like fighting, I would rather have world peace, but I will fight for what I want/love/need.

TMS:  What level of violence do you feel like you can handle, personally?

NS:  I can handle any kind of violence, and I'm not an emotional person.  I don't like violence, but if that's the way people push for s*** to get done, then that's how it'll be.

TMS:  Do you feel like what you listen to, musically, as well as what you see in the movies and video games these days, affect your view of all the violence, war and fighting we do these days?

NS:   I honestly think that what I do watch and listen to does affect all that. Some music, when I'm mad, makes me want to fight with anyone who pisses me off, but then some music takes me out of that state of mind too.

TMS:  Thinking and remembering back to when you were like 5-10 yrs. old, did violence bother you back then, when you saw it?

NS:  No, it didn't. It was pretty normal to me, thanks to (an un-revealed) trauma I experienced when I was 4.  Because of that, I have dreams about blood and gore everynight.

TMS:  Why Nikki Schizophrenia?  Why do you call yourself that?

NS:  Well my real name is *******,  but  I have always liked the name Nikki.  I'm f***ing psychotic; and no,  I'm not schitzophrenic...I just really like the word, and I know someone with schitzopherenia, and he's the s***, so that's why I call myself Nikki Schizophrenia.

TMS:  Thanks.  Finally, how much of this do your parents know about all this, and how do they feel?

NS:  My parents don't like it at all, but they accept me for who I am.  They don't like me calling myself a juggalo, but I don't wear my ICP stuff around them, or talk about it around them, out of respect, knowing they don't like it.

Do you feel it too, America?  It loomed and spread out over me, not unlike a humongous jet-black rain cloud as I spoke with, and as I wrapped up my interview with Nikki.  Then, there it was, stuck there like an un-swallowable lump in the back of my throat.  This is the end of us; and if it's not the end, it has to be the beginning of that end.  Long gone are the 50's, when all was bright and good and squeaky clean.  Gone too are the days of tightly knit families, and, along with it, any sense of morality.  Innocence and naivete in our children are out the window.  Gone.  Violence, sex and disrespect, once viewed as "Black Sheep" behavior, is now quite commonplace...and acceptable.  And those pictures of bodies stacked on top of bodies, waiting to be buried in an 8' deep trench after the war we were just in, ends?  Pffft...no biggie.  Just scrape it off.  Doesn't bother ME.  Hell no.

Really?  The Illuminati?  I hadn't even heard that word until well into my 30's, let alone did I have a clue what it meant.

'Til Next time.  Sleep tight.  Let the bedbugs bite.  :D




2 comments:

Thank you very much for your comments! Thank you again!! I value your opinions!