Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Original 7 Deadly Sins + 3, Part VI - Wrath

http://s579.photobucket.com/user/george1138/media/sin/wrath_5.jpg.html

Two more Original Sins to cover kiddies, and it's just now getting pretty good, huh?  I'm tempted to start over, just for job security....but naw, I wouldna wanna do that sorta thingy.

So here we are at Wrath...another one o' my all time favorite Deadly Sins, of the Original Seven that is.  Why, should be pretty damned obvious.  You see, There's an awful lot wrong with our America of the...what's the official term for this decade?  I didn't know the one for the last one either, I just called it OhOh's, and hoped I was close.  Oh well, you get the idea, right?  Anyway, I'm a bit wrathful as it is.  Add  to that the 100+ things wrong I've already dreamed up in this blog, the DHS war I'm in the middle of, stir in a dash o' Jacque Karlson and her puppet husband Morten, sprinkle in my continued (and probably semi-permanent) unemployment issues, a rather large order of Mock-President Obama, ObamaCare, War, my stress levels over homelessness, animal abuse, greed, corruption, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., OMG!!!!  How is there any UN-wrathful stuff left to enjoy?  Where did all the good times go, HUH????

All you gotta do is watch the news or follow your Twitter feed for 3-5 minutes, and your fists ball up, your blood vessels burst, and the smoke begins rolling out of your ears.  Next thing you're fuming over your choice in wallpaper for your kitchen last month, and you begin ripping it off of the walls with a vengeance.  It's all you can do, when your wife comes in and screams "What in the HELL are you DOING?", to not throw a barrage of pans in her general direction...and all because you just don't understand what's going on anymore.  Welcome to the American Nightmare of 2014 and the years to come my friend, and join the club.  In case you've yet to notice, there's an awful lot of currently wrathful Americans out there right now...and I'm afraid it's only gonna get worse.

Ya, we're in a bad spot, a rock in a hard place, if'n you will, about to jump off the cliff into a place that sports a year 'round balmy 400-500 degree temperature increase over what we have currently, all because we're just plain pissed off...about EVERYTHING...shoulds't the tale be true.  But really, I gotta wonder, is it really wrathful if it's JUST wrath...should there be such a thing?  Don't we have a right to be truly angry about this stuff?  I really don't know about that one, America.  I'm not sure I'll ever know.  You see a lot of examples of JUST anger in the scriptures; and not just Christianity, in all religions.  And God wreaks wrathful havoc a lot, it would seem, should you read up on it.  Is it the JUST kind of wrath if it's God's wrath?  Who knows.

I'm afraid I'm just not too sure about anything concerning not only the true definition of Wrath, or if it comes in leaded and unleaded flavors or not.  All I know is that it can't be good.  Wrath, in and of itself causes quite a few heart attacks and strokes, should it be over-dosed on, as for us human types anyway; so it can't be too just, at least not for us anyway.  Again, who can say.

All I really CAN say is, that as we get more and more upset, nothing else seems to matter much, and it carries out and rolls down into small things that we really shouldn't be bothered about; it consumes us, as well as everything that happens in our daily lives, and believe me when I say that it most certainly isn't a good thing.  Left to its own devices, wrath can grow into big kids like murder, or settle into lower lying chunks like depression, self suicide and mutilation.  Be mad about the shape of our country and the people that destroy it daily, sure...just don't get wrathful about it if you can help it, OK?  Try something new, like, oh, DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THE THINGS WE GET MAD ABOUT...either that, or invest in as many hobbies as you can to take your minds off of those problems.  I rarely recommend the 2nd part of that suggestion, however, only because that sort of behavior seems to more promote the "spectator" effect in us, where we just ignore what's going on and hope it doesn't affect us in the process.  I hate to say it though, there doesn't seem to be a hole we can possibly dig that's deep enough to hide our heads into anymore, America, just about EVERYTHING affects us anymore.  Believe me, I get that.

You want to avoid wrath, for no other reason, that it will destroy you, all those around you, as well as everyone you associate with, and no one knows that better than me.  You know what I used to do?  I used to smile whenever I got mad....and that always tends to make the mad-maker mad instead of you.  I remember I used to get kind of a perverse satisfaction out of that.  I think I'm going to bring back that solution where I'm concerned.

One more Original Deadly Sin to go.  See ya soon y'all.  :D

http://wp.patheos.com/community/jesuscreed/files/2011/03/Wrath.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments! Thank you again!! I value your opinions!