Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Vision Quest, Part III

http://www.slideshare.net/bright9977/30-inspirational-quotes-of-freedom-the-people-forget


Well, after nearly a week on the road, and in preparation for this little ordeal, it's finally time.  By the end of this day, I will be naked, alone, and in communicae with Mr. Tankan, first name Wankan, and Earth Mother, with no real view of the world to speak of, for 96 hours.  Sounds like a real blast.  Gotta do whatcha gotta do though, right?

Before I go, there's a slew of people I need to give credit to.  I may not remember some of your names...but I told you to look, and given your roles in my time on the road, I'm certain that you'll know who you were.

Keep in mind, that at first glance, ND, did nothing for me.  Weather-wise, I'm sure that opinion holds.  Remember also, that it was actually the city of Minot that caused me to hate it here, without giving the rest of the state any credit.  North and South Dakota have both gone up around ten points each in the last week.  Let's hope the final days here continue the rise.

So, the credits promised.  First, I'd like to thank M.D. Grant, Wild Wolf, Ronnie Davis and Eliza "Songbird", for being such awesome Native Americans as to inspire me to finally take this on, as well as offer me the verbal support to do so.

My first real ride in the Dakotas, out of Sioux Falls, was the most unbelievable coincidence, and probably spurred me to go on more than any other event in the trip, as being on the correct path.  This ride was none other than one of the original TRUE Anons.  He has gone by many names, he said, but his most well known name was Goldeneye.  He gave me his blessing, and we had quite the conversation.

After dumping me off in Fargo, I met a cute li'l girl who ran the desk at a Petro station.  We talked about everything from true love to what I was about to do.  After getting back out on the highway, it was well after dark before I would get another ride, to Jamestown.  This would be my home for the next 15 hours.

I went back to the stop I was dropped off at several times in the following twelve hours for various reasons, and after an empathic talk with the night clerk at the truck stop (who fully agreed with my thoughts of the takeover of the U.S.), I passed out in the trucker's lounge for a couple hours.
Around 3 p.m., and after watching several tens of vehicles zoom past me, I laid back on my bag, and cranked up the tunes in my ears.  I awoke to a local police officer attempting to get my attention...we'll call him Corporal S.  He was super nice, around my age, and was, in my opinion, a blueprint for how every law enforcement officer should be.  After assessing that my only remaining immediate intent was to get to Bismarck, he got on the phone to the Salvation Army there, and got me a free ride on the Jefferson lines immediately, with a free bag of snack food to alleviate my hunger.  Many thanks to this sympathetic officer in Jamestown....long may he wave.

As I got to Bismarck, I ran over to a convenience store to grab something to eat and drink.  Michael and A. (damn I'm terrible with names), the two clerks working at..Speed-something...DAMN do I suck with names, were extremely helpful.  They gave me a small portable pizza, and listened to everything I had to say like sponges.

I'd like to thank the overly helpful blond gal at the CAT bus station...you deserve a big raise/promotion, kiddo.  I'd also like to thank the disbelieving and skeptical girls of the local pawn shop, who, even though they didn't believe I would come back to get my laptop, will be pleasantly surprised when I do, a week from today.

As I made my way over to Hwy. 1806, I chatted with a hell of a bus driver who listened with honest interest.  Nice guy.  3 bad girls, who I smoked with, were pleasant conversation along the rest of my way.

Five miles down from Bismarck, I was picked up by a gorgeous 31 year old, who took me all the way into Indian territory, and drove me around like a lost sheep for nearly an hour.  I left my flip phone and my headphones in your Chevy Trailblazer, btw.  I want those back!!  You can friend me on 
FACEBOOK with this link:

http://facebook.com/christopher.bruce.792

Do so and leave me a message ASAP!!!  PLEASE!

Finally, my thanks to Cody Whitebear, who took me the rest of the way into Little Eagle.  May we see each other again, my helpful friend and brother!!  Hopefully under better circumstances, and after our battle is done.

Well America?  Namaste.  See you in four very long days.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments! Thank you again!! I value your opinions!