Sunday, January 22, 2017

America's DEADLIEST Sin (Greed, Revisited)



Well, America, I think my love affair with our great nation has reached a new low.  I can only keep saying "Wow", when I think about this...

What is America's favorite and most deadly sin again?  You'd think it was corruption in government, wouldn't you?  Nope.  Corruption stems from THIS original deadly sin...yes, I'm talking again about none other than good ol' fashioned American Greed, in all its lovely glory.  Please see my OTHER 2 articles about this here:

http://themightyswordamericasdeadlysins.blogspot.com/2014/04/day-7-greed.html

and here:

http://themightyswordamericasdeadlysins.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-original-7-deadly-sins-3-part-i.html

So, I'm sitting in a McDonalds in......no wait, I can't say that!  Almost messed up...anyway, a Mr. Paul Noyes is there, filling out an application for work, and as its just me and he in the room, he shouts this out as I'm packing up to leave McD's..."Well, at least here they don't charge you for applications, like they do in Washington State"...and I have a mini-brain-conniption.  WHAAAAAAAAAA?  ARE YOU SERIOUS??  Now they charge people to apply for jobs, $.50 to $1 per app??  Unfreakin'believable.  Every time I think we've reached the highest possible level of greed, America shocks me again.

I remember having the very same conniption when I came to understand that apartment complexes (and, because of this, house owners renting apartments as well) started charging you $25-$100 to apply to live in their apartments.  This was quite bad enough.  I mean, come on...these folks are going to be over-paid by you to live in their crappy little hovels as it is...now you're going to pay them to process an application to accept you so that you can over-pay them?  I tell the better portion of these people to kiss mah grits, and hunt down those who haven't as yet fallen into this stupidity.  Worse yet, you people are paying these fees...which, of course, not unlike most things we sheep shut up and pay, is standard brainwashed behavior.  If we would just open up our mouths and speak our minds, this would have never become the standard it is.

But no, this couldn't be enough.  Now you want us to pay you to apply to work for you TOO???   If this becomes a national standard guys, I'm giving up on America for good.  DON'T YOU DARE PAY THESE GREEDY LITTLE BASTARDS!!!!  Call your legislators, that takes up around the time it takes to pay these morons and fill out the application.  Go down to the state capitol building, and ask them to pass legislation against this crap!  Granted, I just learned you were able to do this sorta thing...but better late than never!

This is just the sorta thing that makes this country notorious for idiocy, and should NOT BE TOLERATED, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!

2 comments:

  1. We need to find out if this is a nation-wide (or for McDonald's, worldwide) practice and if it's in writing somewhere. Wouldn't that be something to find out there's an extortionist posing as a rep for Micky D? If this is new practice just coming to fruition, let's bust it open. If you are still there, maybe you should pick up an application!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooops...I'm sorry Shay, I sorter forgot to say it, but this wasn't McD's that did the charging...but evidently, everywhere in Washington, they do this...and it's beginning to creep into other states too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments! Thank you again!! I value your opinions!