Friday, August 8, 2014

The Original 7 Deadly Sins + 3, Part I - Greed, Part II

http://www.deviantart.com/art/7-Deadly-Sins-Greed-53211760


Hey.  Watch now, as I forego, once again, telling you about my personal life.  I'm gonna do the best I can, with what I don't have to work with, to continue to do so.

So, it just occured to me, that I haven't done a damn thing on the real "7 Deadly Sins"....just to see if we qualify for some real fire and brimstone action.  I'm sure we do, no doubt, but why don't we just be sure.

Now, I've done a post on greed...you'll find that one on "Day #7 - Greed" in the original 26 days of America's Deadly sins, waaaaaay back in April.  But, you see, I've come across so much more of greed in our lives of late, that I can't help but wanna do yet another post on the subject - if for naught else but to show you just how well we qualify for a check mark in this box.

I've made it known that Government is the greediest of all.  You know it, I know it.  The great teacher of greed.  They in turn allow corporate America to be greedy, which in turn advertises to the lot of us folks how to be greedy too.  It can almost be said that corporate America has FORCED us to be greedier...they've stolen our pensions, our benefits, our hours and our jobs.  Prices of manufacturing vs. prices sold to the public are, quite simply, ridiculous and insulting to our intelligence in their differences.  What companies pay thier employees compared to the bottom line?  Uncalled for, and insulting at best.  IRA's have been accosted, Social Security is almost non-existant and in danger of going the way of everything that was formally run or regulated by some kind of government....privatized.  Now.  After we've been paying in all this time, NOW you wanna privatize it.  Nice.  Yeah, now that it's in danger of being discovered that the government's been dipping their little greedy fingers into it, now you wanna sell it off to private companies so that THEY can get the blame for it not being there.  Sweet...only one problem.  We already have the government dead to rights on this baby, there isn't a single chance we're gonna fall for it being anybody else's fault.  Too late trying to pawn off the blame here.

So we're into coddling everything we own.  "Ain't no one gonna lay another FINGER on what we have Betty, mark my words!"  Hell, I'm guilty too America.  I've had so many things of mine stolen, I don't know how to document it all.  There's no one guiltier than I of hugging my belongings to my chest like they're part of my ribs.  If they were any closer to me, they'd be on the other side of me.

It doesn't stop at physical belongings though...that's the sad part.  Money stays right where we put it, and there's almost nothing, short of a miracle that will bring us to give it to another human, no matter what the circumstances.  Time, something we have almost none of, is hoarded like a precious commodity.  Rather than help someone, we bustle along like we haven't a clue what's happening.  Sympathy, empathy, advice, love in general, friendship, these are words in danger of extinction.  We greedily hold onto these, chained up in our basements, as though our very lives depend on them.  And speaking of living...there's another one. We hold onto life beyond all reasonable expectation.  The way things are for me, these days?  I can't wait to go.  I'm all in favor of the afterlife...it's gotta be better than this.  I hope and pray it is, for all our sakes.

I weep for the state of humanity...especially America's humanity.  I don't see it any more.  If we had our way about it, each of us would own a chunk of land with no one around for 5 miles, and if we could all work at home, and not have to see the real deal everyday?  We'd go for that.  "And while you're at it, throw in some water between our properties too, OK?  Wanna make sure no one shows up unexpectedly for a visit.  I mean, it's practically all water now, we have enough to channel it in."

We used to be good to each other...we used to TRUST one another.  I don't even trust my best friends anymore.  I CERTAINLY don't trust my family...except my dad.  I KNOW where that guy stands, always have.  I most definately don't trust the government.  So what's left?

That string of islands is still sounding pretty good.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments! Thank you again!! I value your opinions!